This item is a companion to my other Dragonrealms bucket list item. One of the things I was working on doing before I quit playing was to reach level 100 in all of the weapon types available to my character.
I will update the blog when I begin working on this item.
Dragonrealms is a text-based MMORPG. I played Dragonrealms pretty fanatically in the mid to late 90s and off and on for brief periods since then.
I quit playing due to lack of time, but at some point I’d love to start a new character in my favorite guild: the Ranger guild and get that character to level 100.
This item is contingent on the game still being in operation when I have the time and money to invest in it. Dragonrealms currently costs $14.95 per month to play.
I will update the blog when I am ready to begin playing.
Suikoden has it’s flaws, but I immediately fell in love with the graphical style and the quest to find the 108 stars of destiny. The quality of the series dropped off pretty steeply after the second installment, but I still want to play the whole series.
There are five games in the main series. I currently own Suikoden V for the PS2. Suikoden is available on PSN. The rest will likely have to be Ebay acquisitions.
I will update the blog when I am ready to start buying games.
While Final Fantasy become my favorite role-playing series, it was Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest) for the NES that hooked me on the console RPG.
Unlike Final Fantasy, I have not yet played all the games in the Dragon Warrior series. I played the first one for the NES, but missed the NES sequels. I played VII, but never got around to finishing it. I fell in love with Dragon Quest VIII for the PS2 and was majorly bummed that they decided not to do any sequels for non-handheld systems.
The games in the main series that I will play during the marathon are simply titled Dragon Warrior or Dragon Quest I – IX. The first four games were released for the NES, VII for the PSOne & VIII for the PS2. The rest were either only originally released in Japan or for the Nintendo DS. I’m not much of a fan of handheld gaming, but in order to play the whole series, it looks like i’ll need to pick up another DS.
I currently own Dragon Warrior VII & Dragon Quest VIII. I will update the blog when I am ready to start purchasing the other games.
The Final Fantasy series of RPGs is my favorite video game franchise of all time. My primary reason for hanging on to my PS2 was to be able to undertake this epic Final Fantasy marathon.
For this marathon, I plan to play all of the Final Fantasy games in the main series (i.e. no Final Fantasy Legends, Crystal Chronicles, Online games etc) back to back.
The games I will include in this marathon are:
- Final Fantasy (NES)
- Final Fantasy II (Famicom)
- Final Fantasy III (Famicom)
- Final Fantasy IV (SNES)
- Final Fantasy V (Super Famicom)
- Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
- Final Fantasy VII (PSOne)
- Final Fantasy VIII (PSOne)
- Final Fantasy IX (PSOne)
- Final Fantasy X (PS2)
- Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2)
- Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
- Final Fantasy XIII (PS3/360)
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3/360)
- Final Fantasy Lightning Returns (PS3/360)
- Final Fantasy XV – (PS4/XBONE) – Scheduled to release in 2016
I currently own some version of all of these games, except for Final Fantasy Lightning Returns and the not yet released Final Fantasy XV.
The versions I currently have are:
- Final Fantasy I & II – Final Fantasy Origins (PSOne) & iPad versions
- Final Fantasy III – iPad/Steam
- Final Fantasy IV – Final Fantasy Chronicles (PSOne)
- Final Fantasy V & VI – Final Fantasy Anthology (PSOne)
- Final Fantasy VII – IX – Original (PSOne)
- Final Fantasy X – XII – Original (PS2)/HD Remake PS3
- Final Fantasy XIII – XIII-2 – Original (360)
iPad versions are now available for IV, V & VI…..the downside to going that route is playing on the small screen with touch controls and the 15.99 each price tag. I have considered picking up the Steam versions, but not sure I want to spend more money on these titles, considering I already own other versions of them. I will most likely get the remake of FF VII when it finally releases.
I will update the blog when I am ready to begin my Final Fantasy Marathon.
Role Playing Games (RPGs) have been my favorite genre of video games since I first fell in love with Dragon Warrior for the NES.
RPGs are well represented on the top 100 video games list, but I want to make sure I don’t miss out on any great RPGs, so I also want to play the top 100 RPGs of all time.
I compiled my list the same way as my top video games list, by looking up some of the most popular top 100 RPG lists on the Internet and selecting the games with the most votes. Tiebreakers as always, went to the games I am most interested in playing that I haven’t played (or already plan to play) yet (or at least haven’t played in a long time.)
Here’s the list:
- Chrono Cross
- Chrono Trigger
- Final Fantasy VI
- Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy VIII
- Kingdom Hearts
- Kingdom Hearts II
- Secret of Mana
- Suikoden II
- Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana
- Baldur’s Gate
- Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn
- Breath of Fire
- Breath of Fire II
- Breath of Fire III
- Dark Souls
- Demon’s Souls
- Deus Ex
- Diablo II
- Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
- Dragon Quest III
- Dragon Quest IV
- Dragon Quest V
- Dragon Quest VIII
- Dragon Warrior
- Dragon Warrior VII
- EVE Online
- Fallout 2
- Fallout 3
- Fallout: New Vegas
- Final Fantasy
- Final Fantasy II
- Final Fantasy III
- Final Fantasy IV
- Final Fantasy IX
- Final Fantasy Tactics
- Final Fantasy V
- Final Fantasy X
- Final Fantasy X-2
- Final Fantasy XII
- Fire Emblem
- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
- Golden Sun
- Illusion of Gaia
- Jade Empire
- Lufia & the Fortress of Doom
- Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
- Lunar: Eternal Blue
- Lunar: Silver Star Story
- Mass Effect
- Mass Effect 2
- Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven
- Neverwinter Nights
- Neverwinter Nights 2
- Odin Sphere
- Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen
- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
- Parasite Eve
- Phantasy Star
- Phantasy Star II
- Phantasy Star IV
- Planescape: Torment
- Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
- Pokemon Red/Blue
- Pool of Radiance
- Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
- Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
- Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
- Shining Force
- Shining Force II
- Star Ocean: The Second Story
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
- Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together
- Tales of Destiny
- Tales of Phantasia
- Tales of Symphonia
- Tales of Vesperia
- The Bard’s Tale
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
- Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
- Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss
- Ultima VII: The Black Gate
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines
- Xenoblade Chronicles
- Ys Book I & II
Total War Center